I have been a popular guest instructor since 2015 and teach at several large events per year. My past appearances include Historical European Martial Arts (HEMA) events, self defense events, multi-disciplinary martial arts events, and even academic conferences.
Join me at one of the upcoming events I’ve already booked, or invite me to teach at your local one!
- Dance Fight (Annapolis, MD) September 24-25, 2022
- Autumnfecht (Baltimore, USA), 2021
- Big Gay Sword Year (Vancouver) 2018, 2019, 2021
- Capitol Clash DC HEMA Open (Washington DC) 2019
- Lord Baltimore’s Challenge (Baltimore, MD) 2022
- Speculative Martial Arts Fest (Vancouver) 2019
- Swordsquatch (Seattle, USA) 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Two Days of the Blade (London, UK) 2018, 2019
- Vancouver International Swordplay Symposium (Vancouver) 2015, 2017
- Violence Dynamics Vancouver (Vancouver) 2017
- 15th Biennial Romance in Medieval Britain Conference (Vancouver) 2016
Working Directly With You
I am also available to teach a dedicated workshop tailored to your group’s needs. This can be anything from a 2-hour seminar, to a multi-day intensive. My favourite topics include:
- the historical swordplay of Achille Marozzo (1530s) and Domingo Luis Godinho (1590s)
- historical vs modern knife fighting
- movement principles for striking
- motor learning and pedagogy
- practical self defense
- stress testing and realistic training scenarios
Get in touch using the form below, and let’s talk about what I can do for you and your organization!