My non-fiction book for martial arts and self defense instructors will be releasing in Spring 2019!
Learn how to turn any training space into a community that not only welcomes all comers, but turns everyone who shows up and puts the work in into a genuine badass. Contents include:
- An overview of sport science and coaching theory that illustrates the value of failure and chaos as training tools, and shows how they are central to building resiliency
- Policies and high-level structures that give your students the safety net they need to really push themselves, and let you get on with teaching
- Classroom tools that build trust; allow flexibility, variation, and fun without sacrificing control of the group; and cultivate the self-reliance and internal regulation students need to get the most out of their training
- Stress testing and stress inoculation tools that put the right kind of pressure on students, and allow them to experience high-stakes situations that build their confidence in their own skills without unreasonable risk
- Tips for training women, and addressing the social pressures and myths that stack training environments against them
- Tips for training students with a history of violence and psychological trauma, and accommodating and challenging them without causing harm
- Drills, exercises, and further reading for integrating this new training approach into your existing curriculum
Want more? Sign up for my mailing list to get a free excerpt, plus advanced preorder notice and release updates.